What is Internet First?+
How can I apply for the Internet First program?+
To ensure the fastest response, please apply online. Go to: https://www.internetfirst.com. You may also download a copy of the Internet First application and mail it into the following address:
Quality Assurance Department
East Mountain Corporate Center
100 Baltimore Drive
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702
How do I qualify for the Internet First program?+
The Internet First program is open to eligible participants. You may qualify if you:
- Live in a serviceable area
- Are a participant in public assistance programs like the National School Lunch Program, housingassistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others listed below
- Have not subscribed to our services within the sixty (60) day period immediately prior to applying for the program
Please apply using a laptop, tablet, desktop computer or any Android or IOS mobile device. Go to: https://www.internetfirst.com.
You must submit ONE form of primary identification or TWO forms of secondary identification, plus Proof of Eligibility from the lists below. Our easy online application process allows you to upload your documents.
The Internet First program requires Proof of Eligibility. Please submit ONE of the following:
Proof of Eligibility – Accepted Documents
- MEDICAID: card or most recent eligibility letter for an adult in your household
- Public housing assistance: documentation such as your lease, housing assistance payment (HAP) contract, or eligibility documentation from HUD
- Unemployment: verification letter
- SNAP: letter indicating you are approved for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits
- TANF: eligibility letter for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- SSI: eligibility letter for Supplemental Security Income
- NSLP/Head Start: copy of a letter indicating current participation in the National School Lunch Program or Head Start, with your child’s name, the school name, and the address of where you are requesting service
- LIHEAP: letter confirming your eligibility for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- WIC: eligibility letter for the Women, Infants, and Children program
- FEDERAL PELL GRANT: (Colorado and Illinois only) documentation from your community college’s financial aid office
- VA PENSION: veterans pension eligibility determination letter from the Veterans Administration
- Tribal assistance: eligibility letter, including TTANF, FDPIR, etc.
Primary Identification – Accepted Documents
Please submit ONE of the following:
- Current US, Mexican or Canadian driver’s license or state photo ID or expired photo driver’s license which is not more than five (5) years old from the expiration date.
- Current US Passport
- Current Foreign Country Passport
- Current photo US Military ID/Merchant Marine card
- Current photo US Military Dependent card
- Valid Resident Alien Card Permenant Resident Card (INS Form I-551)
- Certification of US Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
- Certification of Naturalization (N550, N-570, or N578)
- Employment Authorization Documentation (INS Form I-688 or I-766)
- Photo employment ID card issued by US Government agency prison ID cards are not acceptable
- Current Welfare/Social Services photo ID card
Secondary Identification – Accepted Documents
Please submit TWO of the following:
- Non-photo driver’s license
- US Department of State Non-Immigrant Visa
- Social Security card
- Court demand in applicant’s name – must contain full name, date of birth (DOB), court seal
- Marriage certificate, divorce decree, legal name change
- Current weapons or gun permit with photo
- Current school photo ID card
- Medicare/Medicaid card
I don't have a scanner at home. Will a photo from my mobile device work?+
You may use your mobile device to take photos of Proof of Eligibility documents from the list above. Please refer to the acceptable list of file formats. If a document includes multiple pages, please upload pictures of ALL pages. Make sure that all documents are readable. If a document is unreadable, it may delay your approval and Internet installation.
What are the acceptable file formats to upload with my application?+
The following formats are accepted:
- .JPG (JPEG Image File)
- .TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
- .GIF (Graphical Interchange Format File)
- .PNG (Portable Network Graphic)
- .PDF (Portable Document Format File)
- .DOCX (Microsoft Word Open XML Document)
- .DOC (Microsoft Word Document)
Max file size: 7 MB per file
How do I receive the special offer for 60 days free?+
If you are a new customer and qualify for the Internet First program, submit proof of eligibility, and your application is approved, you will automatically receive the 60 days free promotion. The current price for the Internet First Program is $9.95 per month plus tax unless you disconnect your service.
Will any installation or activation fees apply?+
No, for your convenience we have waived all installation and activation fees as part of this program.
What if I owe a back balance from a previously disconnected account?+
During this difficult time, your access to the Internet is vital. You may enroll in this program (if you qualify) even if you have an outstanding balance with us from a previously disconnected account. Any back balances will be deferred until a later date. You will still remain responsible for the outstanding debt.
How long does it take for my application to be reviewed?+
We will endeavor to review each application within 48 hours of receiving all items necessary to determine eligibility. A customer service representative will email you promptly should your application require additional information or Proof of Eligibility documents.
How long does it take for my application to be processed? +
It will take approximately 5-7 business days to process your application and schedule your installation for Internet service. Installation windows are subject to availability.
Once my application for Internet First is approved, how long will it take for me to get my Internet installed?+
We are committed to getting Internet connected in your home as quickly as possible. Installation times may vary based on location, but generally, we will endeavor to install your Internet service within 5-7 business days after your application is approved. Installation appointments are subject to availability.
How will I know if my something is wrong with my application?+
You will be notified via email or telephone (mail-in applications) if you need to provide additional information or documents to support your application.
I applied for Internet First and have not heard back yet. How can I find out the status of my application?+
Our Internet First team will email you directly regarding your application status. To ensure the fastest response, please respond directly to any emails you may receive.
What happens to the $9.95 per month Internet First promotion offer after twelve months?+
If you wish to continue receiving the Internet First offer, you must reapply annually. The same program eligibility rules will apply. You must:
- Live in a serviceable area
- Provide the appropriate form(s) of identification
- Be a participant in public assistance programs like the National School Lunch Program, housingassistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others listed above
- Have not subscribed to our services within the sixty (60) dayperiod immediately prior to applying for the program
The monthly rate for Internet service under the Internet First program is subject to increase for each subsequent one year period, by no more than $10.00 per month.
If I previously disconnected service with Internet First, can I rejoin the program?+
Yes, if you meet the program guidelines and eligibility requirements stated above.
How can I make changes to my Internet First account?+
Please call 833-730-0644 if you wish to make the following changes to your account:
- Change name, address, email and / or phone number
- Cancel your Internet First service
Can I disconnect from Internet First at any time?+
There is no contract and a customer may disconnect Internet service at any time without penalty. If you are a new customer, you will receive two months free. After the free two month period has expired, you can either cancel the service (which you can do at any time) or keep it as a regular paying Internet First customer for $9.95 per month plus tax.
I do not qualify for the Internet First program, but need Internet service. What should I do?+
We realize how essential it is for every home to stay connected to the Internet– for teleworking, e-learning and more. That’s why we are offering other economical Internet options to ensure you have the resources you need to stay connected.
How do I pay my bill?+
For your convenience, we offer several great ways to pay your monthly bill. Choose the one that’s right for you. Learn moreLearn moreLearn more